Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Movies!

Last week I went to Barnes and Noble with a friend and we got to the cd/dvd section and I saw a special classic movie section! It was pretty exciting! I mean usually at other places I have to look through aisles and aisles of subpar films to find just a handful of good classics, but here they were all organized making it convenient for me to browse. My friend knows that whenever there are classic movies in sight I will spend forever browsing for some good adds to my collection. But this time it didn't take long because all my favorites were sitting in their own section. We're talking "High Noon" with Gary Cooper, "The Night Of The Generals" with Peter O'Toole, even "Gone With The Wind" and "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner"! Not only were they all great films but they also were 50% off. Honestly who can pass up "Gone With The Wind" for around $12? Well, I did. I opted to hold off and not splurge just because of the overwhelming deals. So I didn't go back...for a week. And the whole week long before going back I was thinking about buying "The Night Of The Generals." I've only seen it once, but I remember I was watching it on TCM and it kept me up until it finally ended around 2am. Anyway, I went back to Barnes and Noble and the movie wasn't there! I looked through the whole classic section twice to no avail. Fortunately, I found some other great deals. I got a four pack of romance movies ("Love In The Afternoon", "Mogambo", "Splendor In The Grass", "Now, Voyager") for like $16, and "Random Harvest" for $10!! I was so excited! My collection is definately more complete with these additions! Can't wait to watch "Mogambo"! I love Clark Gable, but have never seen this film before! I've heard it's not one to miss, so I've got high expectations. I'll have to do a review of it after I watch it for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment