Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekend Movie

These past couple weeks have been super busy! I'm really looking forward to this weekend though. I'm definately going to get some movie time in and I will make sure to post a blog on whatever movie I decide to watch. I'm thinking the 1963 comedy "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," might be a good choice. Like the title, this movie is pretty long! But it's funny the whole 2 hours and 41 minutes. Also, it features all the great comedians of the 50's and 60's!

If not "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," my other choice is "Boy's Town," from 1938. "Boy's Town" isn't a comedy, but more of a feel good drama about a priest who puts his life into setting up and running a school for poor attention-less boys from rough citites. The big name in this picture is Spencer Tracy, one of my favorite leading men. Young, star actor Mickey Rooney also appears in "Boy's Town." Coincidentally, both an older Tracy and Mickey Rooney costar in "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."

Anyway, here are the trailers for both movies:

"It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"

"Boy's Town"
*I couldn't find a trailer with better quality so hope this works!

Vote in the poll (on the right side) for whichever of these choices you think makes a better weekend movie! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment